Thursday, July 25, 2013

The sweetness of new life...

I love birds!
In fact, I would love to be an ornithologist and be able to spend my days driving around and observing and studying them.  I am always looking UPward as we drive around and I think that I spot every bird that is in our driving path. 

I can't believe how quickly time flies by.
It just seems like just yesterday that we watched this little nest get built...
that we checked it daily for baby eggs.
First we saw one egg and then eventually four.
We were lucky enough to witness as the baby Robins hatched out of their eggs
 and we watched them get feathers and become alert
and in a short amount of time fly out of the nest!

Here is the sweet cycle life of a 
Robin in photos as observed at our home!

Hello World!!  

Oh what a difference 
a week can make in the life of a bird!

The parent birds stood guard and defended
their nest like I've never seen before.
The nest is empty..
There you are sweet little Robin!
Learning to fly and enjoy 
your life OUT of the nest!

Speaking of new life..
This sweet little girl joined our family just this week.
(Sheldon and Shae are her parents... they attended the baseball game with us here)

Can't wait to see how she changes and grows as well!
The cycle of life is a wonderful and joyous thing!
Grateful for the opportunity to be a part of it, 
in so many different ways!

No comments: