Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Snap, Crackle, Pop... Perfect Treats!

If it weren't for my hubby and boys,
I probably would never bring a box of cereal into my house.

However, who doesn't love and enjoy a yummy Rice Krispie Treat,
especially one that is the perfect texture and has peanut butter in it.

(Another wonderful thing about my family, 
they LOVE peanut butter, 
me, I could take it or leave it).
This recipe is for my husband, 
because we are happy buying the no-name "Crisp Rice" cereal
and there is never a recipe on the box (or the marshmallows) to make up Rice Krispie Treats.
I've tweaked the original recipe to fit our liking, that of adding in peanut butter and vanilla and cut the butter in half. It turns out perfect every time we make them up.

SO, my awesome hubby, here you go!


Perfect Rice Krispie Treats 
(not too sticky, not too crisp, but just right). 

1/4 cup butter 
40 large marshmallows 
6 cups Krisp Rice Cereal
1 large heaping wooden spoonful peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla 

Melt butter on stove over medium heat
Add in marshmallows and keep stirring until melted
Remove from heat and add in peanut butter and vanilla.
STIR well
Next add in Krisp Rice Cereal 
Stir until all cereal is coated well.
Pour into large RubberMaid container and spread out well, put on lid and let cool.

(We like ours chilled so we keep in the refrigerator until time to serve).
Cut into squares and ENJOY!
Can you say YUM!
Definitely makes for happy and content families,
when a batch of these yummy treats is made up.

No comments: