Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Recipe for Kimberly's Pink Cookies with Sprinkles

I hope you enjoy making "Pink Cookies with Sprinkles"  

(if you LOVE the big, soft cookies with pink frosting that you can purchase in the store, you will LOVE these...only these taste 100% better...and YOU made them yourself!)
 
Here are also 2 links of different things you can 
make with the sugar cookie dough as well!
Here and Here


The Best Sugar Cookies  
1 cup REAL butter
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon salt

 Cream together butter and sugar.
Add eggs, sour cream, vanilla, salt, baking powder and soda.
Mix well.
Add flour until mixed. Put into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (I let mine chill at least 4-5 hours)

Roll out with PLENTY OF FLOUR and cut into desired shapes.
Bake at 400 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until just barely browned on top (I check them after 8 minutes and then go from there)...don't over-bake!

Frost with cream cheese frosting 
and put sprinkles on top.

Cream Cheese Frosting
 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
½ cup REAL butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar
(food coloring)

In a mixer bowl beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla till light and fluffy. Gradually add the powdered sugar beating until smooth. Add desired color of food coloring if desired.
Enjoy!

8 comments:

tgiggles8756t said...

could you post a comment on my blog saying how to get such a cool backround thanks
ocean fun with animals . blogspot . com with out the spaces

Le Bleu Bonnet Boutique said...

Hi Kimmie, I made your cookies and they were awesome. Thank you for sharing the recipe.

Liz K Harding said...

Thanks for your sweet and uplifting comments on my blog a few weeks ago. I am following your blog because your husband Tracy suggested it for recipes on someone's Facebook profile. I always love new recipes and added it to my blog. You are very kind and I deeply appreciate your sweet comments. =)

Anonymous said...

I don't read any blogs but was doing a search for the pink cookies I use to eat as a byu student that I got at hart gas stations 20 years ago ...and I found you ... I am making this afternoon and I hope they are as delicious as they look and taste like the ones I use to eat way back when...don't live in utah but wondering if you know the ones I am referring to and do they still sell them?

Kimmie said...

Dear Anonymous...I'm not sure who you are, but I'm glad you stopped by.

What a coincidence. I was at Rick's College 22 years ago and I had to walk with my roommate to our local gas station and get "Pink Cookies" each day. She LOVED them so much. She was addicted to them.

This recipe is really similar in taste and consistency to those cookies (which were probably the same ones you got at the Gas Station in Provo).

I hope the recipe turns out for you and I hope you ENJOYED them. The secret is to not over bake them. I baked up 3 batches (over 10 dozen cookies) in the past 2 days. Valentine's Week wouldn't be the same without them and I get more compliments on these cookies than any other recipe I make.

Enjoy and have a great day!

firsttimehalfmarathoner said...

Beautiful! I have a question..I would like to make these for my sister's wedding..a Saturday day wedding. Would I be able to make these Friday morning and still have them be fresh or no? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hi! i really want to make these but the recipie calls for soda... what kind of soda? thanks:)

Kimmie said...

Aly... sorry about that. It's one teaspoon baking soda! (thanks for pointing that out...I changed it on the recipe).

Happy Sugar Cookie making! Hope you enjoy them. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!