Sunday, July 21, 2013

Take me out to the ball game...

The older my kids get, the more I realize how different they are and how much they both have their own interests, dreams and goals in life.

We are a very adventurous, "outdoorsy" family that loves to get out hiking, backpacking and camping as much as we can. We all love it the same.

We aren't athletic as far as organized sports and never have really gone to watch any sporting events.  

However, Tracy's work got some free tickets to the Chukars baseball game and I commented to Tracy that I'm sure that is something that Ethan would just LOVE to do! Especially since, he has been talking about how much he would LOVE to be able to see a real baseball game for the past few years!

I'm just feeling bad that we didn't do this sooner and that we waited until Ethan was 11 years old.
(Feeling a little bit pathetic right now, 
Goodness, if there was a "pathetic parent of the year award" being given out, I would probably be the winner of it!)

I don't think I've ever seen Ethan 
more HAPPY or excited in my whole life!

He intensely watched the game and every play that was made and the most priceless moment for me was watching him and his dad, sitting side by side watching and talking about the game together.
I loved how they both put their arms around each other and I realized more than ever how important dads are in the lives of our kids, especially BOYS!

Loved how shy Ethan was at first...
he longed to go and ask some of the players to sign his ball 
and finally after a few minutes got up the courage to do it!
PRICELESS!! 

What a treat it was to run into Sheldon, Shae and Max 
(Tracy's niece and husband and their adorable little boy)
We ate dinner together at the pre-game BBQ. 
SO much fun! 
Singing 
The Star Spangled Banner

Sheldon, Shae and Max sat by us 
for the first few innings of the game.
Little Max made a haul with all kinds of swag...
Ice Cream Cone, mini bat and gumball machine!

I LOVE the above two photos of Tracy and Ethan!
Makes me a little teary-eyed 
seeing the love that those two have for each other!
My sons are SO very lucky to have such an awesome dad who takes time out of his busy life to make sure that his sons have one one time with him!


(comment I posted on Facebook)
Chukars just brought 3 guys into home with the last hit! 
Actually as I'm typing this, they just hit another ball over the fence and brought another 4 guys in! 
Wow! 
7 points... 
the stadium is full of SO much excitement right now! 
(As of 6th inning they are winning 15 to 3)
Ethan is beyond excited 
as he's looking at his baseball 
that he got signed before the game, 
and #33 is the Chukars pitcher Zeb Sneed! 
He can't stop looking at and playing with his baseball 
and his face hasn't stopped smiling all night long!
This ball is going to be a cherished treasure of his for sure!
"Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and cracker jack,
I don't care if I never get back,
Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game."

When we look back on our lives,
 it's always the "little things" 
that make it so memorable and so big!


Committed to making more time in my life 
to celebrate the JOYS and differences of both of my sons  
and to make sure we do more things that make life so BIG and wonderful to them!
We're already planning another trip to the baseball stadium in August

 and that my friends means I have one extremely happy boy named Ethan Kip!

No comments: