Saturday, August 3, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread...

Who ever came up with the saying that 
"Chocolate Makes Anything Better"
 was totally on to something. 

My sweet friend Katie dropped me off a loaf of  Chocolate Chip Banana Bread a few weeks ago. (here)

My boys just loved it
and I even had someone comment that they wanted the recipe for it, on the post that I did.
 So, I decided to take my Banana Bread recipe and just sprinkle on some Dark Chocolate Chips on top of the batter before I put it into the oven.
It turned out perfect and delicious 
and left my boys wanting for more!

I'm thinking that the addition of chocolate chips
to our Banana Bread is going to be something we'll be doing from now on!

Of course, I always use this helpful tip when any recipe that I make calls for one cup of oil. 

Banana Bread
3 eggs
¾ cup sugar
½ cup oil
½ cup applesauce
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 cups mashed banana (or however much banana you have)
Mix together the above 6 ingredients 

Then add in:
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder

After you have mixed this well add in: 
3 cups unbleached flour

Grease two loaf tins.
Pour mix into tins.

SPRINKLE batter with Dark Chocolate Chips (about 1/3 cup per loaf pan)
Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes. (or until toothpick inserted in comes out clean)
After you have pulled it out of the oven, 
remove from loaf pans  and  I usually put some butter on the top of it. 
Store in Zip-Loc bags...enjoy one loaf now and then freeze another loaf to enjoy on a different day.
I keep mine in the fridge until ready to serve.

THIS bread freezes well 
and is great to pull out of the freezer and slice up, 
add in an apple, string cheese or boiled egg 
and some carrot sticks and you have a yummy lunch.
Enjoy!

No comments: