Sunday, March 21, 2010

A sweet little boy named Ethan!


Friday
March 19th, 2010


I can't believe how quickly time passes;
it seems like just yesterday
when this photo was taken...


and I had this sweet little boy
to hold and love.
How did my little boy get to be 8!!


I took the day off on Friday to go and eat lunch with Ethan.
THE JOY that little children have towards their parents just touches my heart.

It's so sad that kids have to grow up.


I savored each moment of our lunch together.
I savored Ethan snuggling up next to me in the lunch line and his excitement to have me sit with his friends at lunch as well.

I savored him wanting me to stay until the bell rang to go to back to class and the sparkle in his eyes as he said "hi" to his teacher with me by his side...holding my hand.

I left for an hour and was an emotional wreck on the drive home because it hit me that these sweet little moments won't last forever.

There comes a time in every child's life where it's not "cool" for their parents to come to school and be with them and so I am holding on to each precious moment of youth!

Ethan's class had a presentation for their parents that afternoon to show us their report on the animal that they had chosen.
Ethan's was about the Octopus.

I am amazed at how much knowledge he has in that little brain of his and he had it completely memorized.
I was SO proud of him and all of the hard work he had done. It was adorable to see him and all of his 2nd grade classmates and their displays.


Today I am grateful
for Ethan Kip!


E...is for ENERGETIC! Ethan runs everywhere and he never tires. I can't believe his energy and ZEST that he has for life! There is never a dull moment at our home with Ethan and his never ending supply of ENERGY!
T...is for THE BEST SMILE! Ethan's smile makes make melt and if I'm ever having a frustrating day, I just have to look at him and it brings a smile to my face every time.
H...is for HONEST and HELPER! It's sometimes hard to be honest and tell the truth, but Ethan never has a problem with this. He is meticulously honest and that is such a blessing. He is also the best HELPER to me and Tracy. He always pitches in and does his part to help out in our home and he can usually be found by Tracy's side helping him with whatever project he is working on.
A...is for AMAZING! I can't believe how smart Ethan is. I am always amazed at how quickly he catches on to everything and his love for learning never stops!
N...is for NICE! Ethan is SO compassionate and caring and he always includes everyone even if they have challenges or handicaps! I have never known Ethan to be rude or mean and he always has courage to stick up for others. He is just one of the NICEST kids I know!

Ethan has got so much determination and desire to succeed and I know that he will go far in life. At this point in his life he seriously thinks that he is going to grow up and be a Doctor someday and I wouldn't be surprised if that dream really did come to pass.


I don't know
what I did to get to be SO lucky to be Ethan's mom, but
I'm
savoring each and every moment I get with him!

Looking forward
to many more interrupted afternoons of not getting much done because I'm
spending time with boys

reading stories to them, helping with home work, riding bikes, playing catch, coloring, making slime or other "gross things", baking cookies, sitting on the porch and watching and enjoying nature, tickling backs, and the list goes on.

"If you haven't time to respond to a tug at your pants leg, your schedule is too crowded". ~Robert Brault

10 comments:

CB said...

First!!

CB said...

Happy Happy Birthday to a cute and sweet boy named Ethan who is ever-so-loved by his wonderful mother!!!

Oh my -I was getting a little choked up too when you said you had an emotional drive home. I don't care how many kids you have when they start getting older and more independent it really does tug at the heartstrings.

Ethan is So Darn Cute - The pictures are great and he is one of those kids that you can tell it's him in his baby pictures :D

Glad you are so enjoying your little man - I bet he loved that you came and ate lunch with him and I hope his party goes great!! I can't wait to see that post too :D

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is so sweet.
Yes, they do grow so fast and before you know it....well, you could be me.....all gone.
Loved reading about Ethan. The smilin'est kid I've seen.
Hope you have a great week!

Brittany H said...

How sweet is that? reading that makes me want to be a mom more than I already do! I hope you know you're awesome!

Connie said...

What a wonderful tribute to your sweet Ethan! I can tell by all the pictures of him in your posts that he is a joy!
I always love it when my sons wanted me to be with them for lunch at school. My oldest was good to even hug me if I showed up at his Junior High! Ethan may be the same way!
Either way, you'll always be in your sons' hearts because you're such an excellent, loving, mother!

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday to your son Ethan! -Suzanne

Ann Marie said...

What a sweet tribute Kimmie!

He is such a cute little boy.. and I could feel your love for him through your words!

All 3 of your "boys" are so lucky to have such a woman like you that cares so much for them.. feeds them the best foods, and takes time for them.

You have a great gift to make people feel very special.. and that's why people want to be around you. You are soo nice.

I love to read your comments because you always are genuine sincere.

I am grateful we are friends.. but I do feel guilty that you felt like you had to send me something. Please don't ever feel like you "need" to do that.
I would always be happy just with the friendship. :)

Hope you had a fabulous weekend together as a family.
I look forward to seeing his birthday party that I know you made so fabulous for him!!

TLC said...

Kimmie, this was so sweet that even I got alittle emotional on your part with the drive home!

I adore and admire the type of mom you are. Two things i've always noticed in your pictures with your boys is how HAPPY and HUGE there smiles are.

TRUE testiment to the type of mom you are!

wileyfamilyof5 said...

So cute. I know exactly how you feel, my little guy just got baptized on saturday. They grow up way to fast. Those pictures of Eathen are so cute.

JENNIFRO said...

This was such a neat post. Seems we have been having similar feelings lately for our #2 kids. ; )
He is so blessed to have such a loving mother..you are truly the sweetest. Every time I visit your blog I vow to be a little better. I really loved the last quote--very, very true.