Tuesday, March 30, 2010


SO,

this is my life at the moment...

Saturday,
I had to work from 8-12 and came home to the most pleasant, happy home. My hubby and boys had done some major Spring cleaning. They had vacuumed the edges of the carpet, completely cleaned the kitchen including pulling out the stove and fridge and cleaning/vacuuming behind them and even mopped the kitchen floor.

They didn't want me to have to come home after working six days straight and have to worry about doing more work.
It was Heavenly and I felt SO spoiled!

Shortly after lunch, all I remember is that we got a Wild Hare and decided that once and for all we were going to get things in order so we can finally lay our hard wood (that we bought 3 years ago) and get it laid and finished in our kitchen/dining area.

SO,
this meant that everything out of our office and the kids rooms got moved out to our kitchen/dining area.

Our house looks like it "Blew Up"!!

Our plan...
To move our office furniture and computer, TV , sofa, wing back chair and beanbag into the room that the kids were sharing.
To move our kids into the room that used to be our office.
AND last of all to make it so you can come in any door in our house and make it to the bathroom/bedrooms on hard wood...
NO MORE CARPET!

AND
we will FINALLY have a large and spacious kitchen dining room that doesn't have our dining room table on carpet that can accommodate a large table that won't have a sofa in the way and we can actually have room to finally have the BIG Thanksgiving Feast at our house for a change!!
*********************

BTW...we do have BIG dreams of someday having a large TV/Game Room, Craft Room, Spare Bedroom/Exercise room in our unfinished basement, but to keep on track of meeting our financial goal of being Debt Free in under five years, we are opting to put our 12' x 14' bedroom to use in making it a TV/computer room and our smaller bedroom will house the boys twin beds just perfectly!
I'm excited to show the results of how it turns out...so far I am really liking how we are using the space.
Actually, other than a few cans of paint, we aren't having to spend any money on this home improvement project. It is mostly just a creative arrangement of things we already have.

We just rented a carpet cleaner and Tracy steam cleaned the two bedrooms and we are now working on painting the walls a new and Fresh color of light taupe paint that is easy on the eyes. We will then move everything back into them, which is a LOT of work!
I can't believe how much stuff we have to go through.

Ethan has creatively stashed every little thing he has ever received and what is amazing is there are NO missing parts to any of his things and he has every instruction book for all of his Legos and Bionicles.

Looking forward to finally getting to rip up the carpet and start laying hard wood flooring!

SO, until Kimmie gets her house put back together again...
she will be taking a little break.

LOVELY...

Tracy and Jade just walked in the door from Youth activities and informed me that our Home Teachers want to come by tomorrow evening to visit us!

Can't wait to be back to normal life of cooking, conversing with friends and Journaling about my life and seeing the FUN and exciting things that you are all doing as well!

Happy Easter
Celebrating!!
I hope this finds my friends and family happy and doing well and I look forward to catching up with all of you sometime the 2nd week of April.

6 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is a huge job. We have remodeled every room in our old house. It took 20 years. It does help to have a handyman hubby.

You'll have to show pictures. I'm excited for you.

Connie said...

Projects are so much fun...when they're done! I can't wait to see how it all turns out!
You must have the sweetest husband and sons to have your house all cleaned up when you got home from work! You've trained them well!

Ann Marie said...

I know this house "blew up" stuff very well. At one point.. I even had "paths" from room to room.
It's extra hard when you have my personality.. and want things organized and in order. I had to keep reminding myself that "this too shall pass" but oh my.. it causes chaos!

I am soo excited to see the results! I love hardwood!
I will MISS your sweet comments and posts.. but I UNDERSTAND completely. Love ya!

wileyfamilyof5 said...

Good luck kimmie. I swear it always seems there is somthing I want to change but never get around to it. So good luck. Can't wait to see the finished pictures.

CB said...

I have read this post about 6 times(cause I miss you!) and realized that I never commented.
Hope you had a Happy Easter and that you are getting the house back - ha ha.
It sure looks like a big job but SO worth it!!

Small House said...

WOW...It is a relief to walk in the door and the house was cleaned without having to even ask!! LUCKY YOU!! And all the projects you have going... It will be nice to have it all finished. You'll love it.
Have a great day.
Sandra