Wednesday, February 10, 2010

For the Love of Chocolate!


"In the cookies of life,

friends are the chocolate chips".


Yes, my home finally had some transformation this past week and it is starting to look a lot like VALENTINES...
hearts, kisses and romance!


I love
Hot Fudge Sundaes with LOTS of nuts!
That is such a treat to me.

12 years ago
we were at some friends house and they served
Hot Fudge Sundaes
with
HOMEMADE
hot fudge topping.
It was SO good

I had to get the recipe. I adjusted it as it was a little sweet for our liking and boy is it ever yummy. It is great to put on anything where you want a little bit of chocolate.
It also uses "food storage" ingredients as well!

It's also a yummy dip for fruit and pretzels.
Great to put in a fondue pot and dip your goodies in.
OR, great to just open the fridge and grab a spoonful every now and then!
(SMILE)

The awesome thing about this recipe,
is it makes 2 pints and so you can put it into 4 half pint jars and give it as a gift to friends and neighbors.

Very Good Chocolate Sauce

1 cube REAL butter
1-1/2 cups chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
Melt these 2 together .

Add 1-2/3 cups powdered sugar
1 can evaporated milk

Boil for 8 minutes—Let stand—(will thicken as it cools)
Store in the refrigerator if not using immediately.

To reheat...put in microwave and cook on high for 20 seconds and then check. Keep on heating in intervals of 20 seconds so as not to break the glass or get it too hot. I have found that three 20 second intervals is enough to get it hot enough to put on your ice cream.

YUMMY!
Enjoy this on ice cream, OR, make Cookie or Brownie sundaes with it.
This is also a fun thing to make at Christmas and put it in ½ pint jars with material tied with jute on the top and give to neighbors for gifts.

Only 4 more days until
Valentine's Day!


I LOVE

Romance, Love and Hearts!

11 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I spyed and Apothecary Jar! Woot!
Your v-day decor looks so cute..

Too funny...I have this HOT fudge recipe on my blog. Under recipe labels. It's a family favorite.. and I dare say it's one of the best desserts we have ever eaten.

The kiddies beg for it often!

Hope your having a good week! XO

Ann Marie said...

We love "Family Handyman" magazine too! I know that when you get around to it.. it will be soo nice! I have waited 4 years for this..and it's weird that it's finally happening!!

My Mom LOVES the ocean.. and she did a bathroom redo just barely with the bead board and such and it is darling! I know you will just LOVE it!

Glad to hear from you again! XO

Ann Marie said...

~ and it's me again.
You didn't leave me your birthday.
I'm thinking October??
Please let me know. I will never lose such important things again!
They are going on my WALL calender this time!

Ps; Thanks for all your comments! :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Yummy!!!!!!!!! I think that looks like a totally awesome gift. Way to go!
Glad you got the Christmas tree down....you did get it down didn't you?
Hope you have a very delicious weekend. Can't wait to hear what sort of treats and activities you come up with for all your Valentines boys!!!!
Hugs!

Together We Save said...

Oh my... this sounds so yummy!!

Connie said...

Yum! I have tried homemade hot fudge sauce before and it's delicious. Your recipe sounds like a winner and the pictures of the hot fudge sundaes with lots of nuts look fantastic! I too like lots of nuts on my ice cream!
Good idea for gift giving.

CreativeMish said...

I love all of your heart decor. That hot fudge sundae sauce looks great! I think I may make some this weekend. I like lots of nuts, too... and a few banana slices. YUM!

Candace said...

I over ate your Chinese haystacks on my birthday and didn't have room for the hot fudge sundays--darn. Thanks for the recipe!! Can't wait to make it!! OH, and your valentines were awesome!!!!!

Small House said...

Love the Valentines decor.

When I was first married a hundred years ago, I was asked to make hot fudge sauce for a Relief Society party. AUGH...it turned out awful. I took a deep breath and delivered it to the kitchen. I've never tried it again. I think I'll give your recipe a whirl. It looks so yummy, minus the icecream.
Have a great day.
Sandar

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Ah Kimmie!
I can't believe you!!!!!
You have no idea how your little treat made my day. Uh, YA they were delicious. I was going to take a picture of them cause they look EXACTLY like the cookies in your side bar. But alas.... all that was left was 7 sprinkles....I'm not quite sure how that happened. Suddenly they were gone and I was wiping crumbs off my face.
I did share with Howie. Sugar cookies are his fav.
You've inspired me to make some tomorrow...cause they're his fav.

I have a little something for you that Howie will deliver to you on Monday. One of these days I'm going to pop out to your house and see the gorgeous scenery you are always taking pictures of (I loathe living in town) but right now I'm "enjoying" the nicest head cold of the year.
The grandkids came for the weekend last week and I get sick EVERYTIME they come. What's with that?

Anyway, thanks again for being such a sweetheart. You are the most genuine person in the world.
I love ya!

Brittany H said...

Your decorations are darling. I love them! nothing like sparkly hearts :)