Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Some Moments to Remember...


LIFE...
as a working mom that gets home around 1:30 every afternoon,
has until 2:45 before she has kids running in the door,
it makes it where my blog doesn't get the attention I would like to give to it.
(it makes it where I don't have much computer time at all and I feel bad that I don't have the time I would like to keep in touch with those friends that mean SO much to me in my life)
It makes it where things get posted MUCH later than I would like them to.  
BUT, at least I have a place to journal my life
and so some days I have to say to myself...it's better late than never!!  

Today I am thankful for…
Family, Friends, Beauty, simple pleasures
and the sweet innocence of little children!

I got a big chuckle out of Ethan this past weekend when he made the following statement.  I had just gotten out of the shower and was putting on deodorant when he came in the room… 
”Mom, you mean girls wear deodorant too?”   
I had to laugh at how innocent and sweet he was.  I guess he thinks that since girls are pretty that they would never get stinky.     Truly a priceless moment!

So, here is my month in photos with everything from beauty, to happy and sad moments and everything in between.   
SO grateful for all of the “simple things” 
 that bring such a great glow of happiness to my life!
I love looking around my home this time of the year, 
when my fall décor is everywhere and looking at sweet things on my shelves 
that were gifts from family and friends. 
I always have happy thoughts when I look and see these.
Love this sweet door handle from Cherie…
I added it to the frame that Tracy made 
for my “Children” poster  
and it looks like an old door. 
LOVE this…
RED is definitely my new favorite decorating color.

The end of the Cross Country Season...
SO sad it has come to an end!
What a blessing it is to have so many WONDERFUL influences, coaches and friends in Jades life that truly care about him and want to see him succeed.  
I'm going to miss watching them all run each week!!

Finally having time to make Huckleberry Jam!
We ended up with 28 half pints of this yummyness!  
So excited to enjoy this on our weekend pancakes AND to have plenty on hand to be able to share with family and friends as well!  WOOT!

SADDEST moment of my life, when my sweet Ethan had to experience the sadness when our dog Butch was hit by a car.  

Ethan has never known life without Butch and this is the first time he has ever experienced the loss of a pet.   
These photos bring tears to my eyes, every time I look at how SAD he was…he has never cried harder in his whole life!
Tracy taking time out of his EVER so crazy and busy life to make a frame to hang our 3D Dracula. 
LOVE how it turned out and LOVE that I have a hubby that can make ANYTHING I ask him to!
He is truly a marvel, with SO MUCH TALENT! 

  
Gorgeous drive to 
Grand Teton National Park…
The colors were stunning, the drive was enjoyable the time spent together as a family enjoying great conversation, music and beauty was priceless!! 

 SCOUT SPIRIT ROCK!
 What a blessing for my sons to have a dad that ALWAYS takes time out of his busy schedule to help them with projects.
Here Tracy is helping Ethan add his wording and a picture to the SPIRIT rock for Scouts. 
(SO funny to me that Ethan pulled off his shirt as he didn't want to risk getting paint on his shirt). 
 And that’s why they call her the “Easter Egg Chicken”…
We purchased a new batch of baby chicks this spring and thought it would be fun to have at least one Ameracuana chicken, since they lay green and blue eggs.   
Well our hens have been laying eggs for the past month and a half, but all of our eggs have been brown. Imagine the EXCITEMENT that we had on one Sunday afternoon, when we went and gathered the eggs and there was a GREEN one waiting for us!
 Sweet packages in the mail for no reason at all, other than that someone wanted to let you know that they were thinking of you!
SUNSHINE!
I love those days when there is sun shining in my windows 
 ALL afternoon 
 and love the gorgeous glow it gives to my great room and kitchen and the cool shadows and reflections it makes as well.
 Coming home to a sweet love note waiting for me on the counter after a long tiring day at work. 
What a blessing it is to be loved and cherished  
each day of my life!
  What an absolutely WONDERFUL life I have!

This quote perfectly sums up my life...
“When we recall the past, we usually find that it is the simplest things - not the great occasions - that in retrospect give off the greatest glow of happiness.”
–Bob Hope

3 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I so sorry about your dog! What a heartbreaker.
Give Ethan a hug from me.

I love your pictures. It looks like you are having such a wonderful Fall with wonderful memories.

You are so busy and so amazing. I love the look of your jam. Such a pretty sight isn't it?

I'm so proud of Jade. Cross country is hard and I think he's awesome for finishing so strong. Hopefully he didn't have any meets that he had to run in the snow.

Ann Marie said...

Those pictures with Ethan and Butch were heartbreaking. I was teary seeing it.

Love all of the many happy things that have been happening in your life!

LOVE the cute green glass all displayed together...

LOVE to see you on Facebook and Pinterest now!! YAY!!!!

Connie said...

I am in tears seeing how sad Ethan was at the loss of your dog! It tugs at my heart strings. I hope he's doing better.

I know what you mean about not having the time to blog AND visit my favorite blogs. These past few months have been crazy busy for me.

I am so grateful to have been the recipient of some of your marvelous huckleberry jam! I LOVE how it tastes! Thank you so much! Just love you and your family. You're all amazing! I hope to meet you all soon...maybe on December 2nd?