Monday, October 10, 2011

Taste of Fall...

Pumpkin Pancakes!

So, since Fall is one of my favorite times of the year, 
and along with Fall comes lots of yummy recipes,
those of my favorite being made with pumpkin or squash,
I thought I would do some 
"Taste of Fall" posts 
where I share my favorite Fall Time recipes, most of which are a wonderful way 
to use up the pumpkin and squash that we have in abundance this time of the year!
Today's featured recipe is Pumpkin Pancakes...

I really don't think I have had a more tasty breakfast pancake than this yummy recipe.
My kids and hubby were WOWed  
over by them and we can't seem to get enough of these
light, fluffy, full of flavor, perfect and delicious pancakes.

(I just wish we had LOTS more pumpkin/squash than what we do,
so we could enjoy these ALL throughout the year, they are that good!)
Pumpkin Pancakes 
(Mix all dry ingredients together)
1-1/4 cups unbleached flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves
(Mix all wet ingredients together in another bowl)
1 cup milk 
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin OR squash puree
1 teaspoon vanilla
Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients.  
Melt butter on a non-stick skillet. 
Pour batter on skillet (1/4 cup per pancake).  
Cook 2-3 minutes per side.
Serve with REAL butter and REAL maple syrup!

Make up some yummy-ness for your family today that is sure to make your house smell SO good and bring many smiles to faces and "OOHs and AAHs" from your family as they eat them!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Look so delicious!
Amazing once again my friend.

Ann Marie said...

Every picture looks so yummy!
I look forward to the Tastes of Fall.. and it's too bad you don't live close to me.. you could enjoy all of the squash you desire.. and more! :)

Connie said...

We all love pancakes. What a great Fall recipe! Thanks for sharing.