Thursday, October 27, 2011

Adding Fun to Dinner! (just in time for Halloween!)


Spaghetti Squids (and Monster Mouths)
make Happy Kids!
SO, with Tracy's new love for Pinterest, we were browsing through photos and our kids spied a FUN photo and begged us to try making it up.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a little bit of a "health nut"
and I am not a hot dog lover at all!  

Thank goodness  
that Tracy balances me out and he always tells me that
"eating a hot dog once or twice a year isn't going to hurt you".
SO, since I can't handle cheap hot dogs, we at least eat Nathan's ALL beef dogs.
We still had a package of  Nathan's left in our freezer 
 and so this is what we did to make what our kids call
"Spaghetti Squids". 
  
AND I do have to tell you that after eating 
this, it was REALLY tasty and yummy  
(and that says a lot, coming from someone who is not a fan of hot dogs).
(BTW... we only used 5 of the hot dogs 
and saved the rest for Tracy to take on a campout)   
 Try adding a little bit of FUN to dinner-time 
and watch the faces of your kids light up with excitement!
(it would be fun to surprise them and not see you prepare it and have them wondering 
"How did you do that"!) 

This would be SO much fun 
to make as a meal for Halloween!
OH, and don't forget about
"Monster Mouths" for dessert!!  
Apples, Peanut Butter and Candy Corn 
come together to make a tasty, holiday treat
(original post about Monster Mouths here)

Life is about balance 
and it's okay to splurge on a
not so perfect, not so healthy meal  
every once in awhile. 
Enjoy the taste and fun of the season!

2 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Hilarious! I saw those on Pinterest and thought my grandkids would love that.
Not a fan of hotdogs myself, but it is such a clever idea.

Great mom you are, making awesome Halloween memories for your guys.

JENNIFRO said...

I've GOT to do this! They look disgusting but the kids would love it!