Friday, June 24, 2011

Delicious Lemon Bars!

Lemon Bars = Heaven!

 
I have always been a Citrus lover...
 anything made with Lemons, Limes or Oranges,
always makes me HAPPY!


Lemon Bars, while decadent 
are the perfect amount of tart and sweet, 
with a delicious, buttery crust with bits of chopped walnuts 
and lemony curd filling. 
They resemble Lemon Meringue Pie, without the Meringue.

In Tracy's words... 
these are perfectly delicious and I have to agree myself!

Lemon Bars
(crust)
2 cups flour
1 cup butter
½ cup powdered sugar
½ cup chopped walnuts
Mix like pie crust.  Place mixture in a grease 9x13 inch pan and bake 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven. 

(filling)
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
4 eggs beaten lightly
½ cup lemon juice
2 cups sugar
6 Tablespoons flour
2 heaping Tablespoons cornstarch
½ teaspoon baking powder
Blend all ingredients together and pour over baked crust.  
Bake 30 minutes more in 350 degree oven.  
Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar 
Let cool overnight and cut into bars.   I keep mine refrigerated until ready to serve.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I have NEVER made lemon bars.
They look so hard.

Thanks for the recipe because you make them look do-able. Even for me.