Wednesday, July 1, 2009

An old time favorite...Perfected!!


There is nothing that makes a home
smell more yummy than baking up anything
that has CINNAMON in it!!

Since my childhood, one of my favorite cookies has been "Snickerdoodles"!!
If there were ever a selection of cookies
and Snickerdoodles was one of the choices,
then that is what I would choose.
I LOVE them!!

However, in my 19 years of marriage,
every time I have made them they either turn out
FLAT as pancakes
OR
HARD as rocks.

So,
this Spring-time I worked on my recipe tweaking it here and there and now I have finally have a recipe that turns out GREAT every-time.

(My family probably gets sick of these as I pretty much make these every week!)

They're great for summer picnics,
to eat with hot chocolate or herbal tea in the winter,
or for anytime you need a yummy cookie to snack on!

YAY for Snickerdoodles!!

Snickerdoodles
Cream together:
½ cup butter
¾ cup white sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Cream of tarter
½ tsp. Soda
¼ tsp. Salt
1 egg

Then add:
1-3/4 cup flour (I use UNBLEACHED flour)

Mix and roll into balls (roll these into cinnamon and sugar)
Place on cookie sheet and put cookie sheet in fridge for 2-3 minutes
bake
10-12 minutes at 400 degrees.
(or until no longer doughy)
ENJOY!!

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

You know.. I have never made these cookies! I wonder why? I love them too! :) Now that you have perfected the recipe, I will print it! Woot!

Thanks for your comments! I always love to hear from you. I have no idea what your voice sounds like-- but you are so positive, when I read your comments to me, I always use a REALLY HAPPY voice in my thoughts.

This makes me sound crazy huh??
Have a great 4th of July weekend!

Connie said...

The snickerdoodles look delicious and perfect!
Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Have a fun 4th of July weekend.

CB said...

Snickerdoodles are definately a family favorite around here.
I have a recipe that I have used FOREVER. It is pretty close to yours. I am impressed that you tweaked until you found out a good combination.

I think my husband could eat a whole batch of Snickerdoodles all by himself he loves them so much!

Funny thing: Long ago my grandma asked me what kind of cookies I was making and I told her "Snickerdoodles" (we were on the phone). She had never heard of them and so she thought I had made up the name and was pulling her leg. So funny.
I baked her some and took them to her and had to convince her that was the real name. She thought it was so funny. I guess it kind of is :D