Saturday, March 21, 2009

Depeche Mode...here we come!

So, Friday afternoon
Tracy called me and said: "Do you want to hear the good news first, OR, the REALLY good news first"?
I said: "Tell me the REALLY good news last"...
And Tracy answered: "Well actually, I only have really good news... Something we thought would languish on our "bucket list" is within grasp. DECHE MODE is going to be on tour this year and they are playing in SLC in August! Tickets are going on sale tomorrow at 10:00 am.
****************
So, you can guess what Tracy and I did his morning...cranked up our stereo and listened to Depeche Mode and bought our tickets! Yay!
*****************
It's sad, but Tracy and I are basically "concert virgins". Neither of us has really taken the opportunity to go to live, loud, crazy, concerts (aside from old "has-been" groups that come to the state fair)
Depeche Mode is one of my all time favorite 80's groups (along with Pet Shop Boys and New Order) We have many of their albums and even bought their "Violator" album when we were on our honeymoon. I LOVE Depeche Mode! We have even created a "Depeche Mode" station on "Pandora"!
Anyway, we'll likely not become "concert junkies" anytime soon but we've just always wanted to see Depeche Mode LIVE before it's too late, so this is REALLY exciting!

I am SO excited...
August 25th

I
will be at a concert of one of my favorite music groups,
with my hubby, having the time of my life!
WOO HOO!

2 comments:

CB said...

OK I just need to send you a

WOOT WOOT!!

That will be so fun!! Oh my gosh you get to look forward to it all year :)

Ann Marie said...

I am JEALOUS!!!

I saw them many years ago for their Violator tour, and they are fun to be at! You will love it!!

I seriously was exited when I found out they were coming.. But then got really sad that I heard tickets were $75.00 a piece. Is that true? Holy moly!

Maybe you'll have to come out and do lunch with me then.. You'll have to let me know how long you'll have here...