Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Little Things Mean A LOT!


SO, in my effort of going through PILES and PILES of papers, 
 craft stuff, office supplies, holiday decor, gift wrapping/giving supplies, I came across a folder of papers from my work and I had this hanging at my desk the majority of the time I worked.  It was a paper entitled 
"Little Things Mean A Lot" 
and I remember daily looking at it and trying to make sure I was working on each thing on the list.

They are too good to keep to myself, 
so I thought I would share them and hope you enjoy them as much as I have!
(and now I can throw the paper in the garbage...
one less paper cluttering my life!)
Sing in the shower... Plant a tree on your birthday... Watch a sunrise at least once a year... Compliment three people every day...  Never refuse homemade brownies... Buy whatever it is kids are selling on card tables in their front yards... Floss your teeth...  Strive for excellence, not perfection...  Wear polished shoes...  Say "Thank you" a lot...  Say "Please" a lot...  Overtip breakfast waitresses...  Learn three clean jokes...  Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know...  Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures...  Leave everything a little better than you found it...   Returned borrowed vehicles with the gas tank full...  Avoid negative people...  Remember people's birthdays...  Have a firm handshake...  Carry jumper cables in your trunk...  Send LOTS of Valentine cards and sign them, "Someone who thinks you're terrific"...  Use the good silver, the good dishes and the nice towels...  Be the first to say, "Hello"...  Make some new friends, but cherish the old ones...  Keep secrets...  Don't expect life to be fair...   Wave at kids on school buses...  Look at people right in the eye...  Plant flowers every spring...  Be there when people need you...  Return all things you borrow...  Live your life as an Exclamation! NOT an explanation...  Never underestimate the power of love...  Rekindle old friendships...  Always accept an outstretched hand... Stop blaming others...  Don't be afraid to say "I made a mistake"...  Count your blessings...  Call your mother...  Keep your promises (NO matter what)...  Buy a kid a chocolate ice cream cone...  Feed a stranger's expired parking meter... Compliment even small improvements... Call Dad

 Have a wonderful day 
and I hope it is full of the many 
"little" things that bring 
so much joy and meaning to life!

6 comments:

Our Paper Plates said...

What a great thought! I'll have to copy it and put it somewhere so I can read every day. Its too easy to get caught up in the rush of life sometimes. Thanks for posting :)

CB said...

I would have to agree whole heartedly.

Ann Marie said...

Yay! You on-line logged it.. and your paper free! Squeeee!!!!

I ADORE all of those photos.
It makes me "hungry" for camping and hiking in the mountains!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Such wise words!

Sounds like you are getting your jobs tackled.

Connie said...

Love your pictures! You always have such fun, family photos!

That is a great thought. I need to remember them.

Alene said...

I love it Kimmie! I love how positive you are! What a great example you are to me.