Sunday, December 1, 2013

How great it is to be LOVED!


November 21st, 2012...
Sweet words that were penned
 by the Love of my Life!  

"It has been such a wonderful year! At the top of my gratitude list, I am thankful we have managed to get to a point financially where the income my sweet wife Kimberly was bringing in from her former job became superfluous to us and she turned-in her resignation at the end of last year. I have loved coming home each day to a more energetic, healthier, happier, wife! This will be the first time in 21 years that she won't have to go to work on the day after Thanksgiving. What a luxury... one which we aren't taking for granted!"

(My response) 
"I'm so grateful for YOU Mr. Smith!! I'm married to the most kind, compassionate and giving man I know! You selflessly give of your time to weekend camp outs with Scouts, giving up your Friday afternoon and night camping and then the majority of your Saturday as you break camp and then put all of the gear away. And then just when you think you have a free moment just for YOU, your wife has computer problems, that end up taking a few hours to figure out, or Ethan needs you to correct his math problems, or Jade, has a stressful time because the toilet is overflowing, or there are the never ending home improvement projects to do, or, cars that need repaired and thankfully you have "mad skillz". And then there are the days after you have worked a long day at work and you come home tired, you choose to come and stand by my side and we cook dinner together, or I send you a text message apologizing that my day got away from me and I didn't have time to make a batch of yummy rolls so we'll have to have French Bread to go with it and you respond back with: "Keep it simple. I'd be thrilled with an open faced turkey sandwich with gravy". And then there are the days where you leave me a sweet note out of the blue on the counter for me to see and enjoy when I get off work. Life with YOU is a happy and amazing journey and if we were stranded on a desert island with no one else around, but us, I would be okay with that....YOU are the love of my life, YOU are the one I long to see at the end of a long day and the first person I want to see in the morning and the person I want to hear from all throughout the day! Thanks for filling our home and life with and abundance of LAUGHTER and FUN! YOU my dear, are at the top of my gratitude list this season and I'm beyond excited about getting to enjoy 5 wonderful days with neither of us having to go to work! Let's party and celebrate for sure!"

Love...
it's a wonderful thing!

No comments: